
I tiptoed to the verandah door, trying all I could do not to chase it away, in the attempt to get somewhat closer than I was while still in my study - alas! - too many things came in the way of making this a good photo. So this is the only once I got of the little fellow sitting on our lawn (or what calls itself "lawn"...), and soon enough it had found what it looked for and was on the way up into the trees again:


It stopped and posed a little for me (or so it seems in this third one here), but actually I would have loved to be able to get closer, however - photographing through the glass of the verandah door - my fully extended zoom lens (300mm) wouldn't take me any closer. Even these photos here are at least 50% crops out of a twice as large (or more) original frame.

But ... this is all I can do. And I did not dare open the door, they are flighty little creatures, our red squirrels.

Munching away ... and after this it was gone and stayed gone ... until now.
