The walk through the Hang Houses or Terraced Houses took us to the top of the mountain, and from there we had this view across the vast excavation site of Ancient Ephesus, though I do admit I find it hard to imagine what it must have looked like in the reality of 2000 years ago.

And when we came down the hill again, at long last we arrived at the famous Celsus Library (or the parts that have been reconstructed), but it seemed almost impossible to get tourist-free photos of the godesses that adorn the library front.

It seems to be the fashion to get one's photo taken in there.

Only one was "free". But then just take a closer look at the PHOTOGRAPHER who was there to take their photos!!! (Maybe he wasn't taking the photo of any of the two I happened to get into my pics, but what the heck... ;-) .)

Some more detail from the Library front, and off we were our way to the large theatre.

Wow, that place looked impressive, indeed. And while Erkan explained many things about that theatre, and amphitheatres in general, down on the scene, who do you guess did not listen but climbed up the steps to find a good point from where to take her photos? You'd NEVER guess. I know. I just know! ;-)

And when we came down the hill again, at long last we arrived at the famous Celsus Library (or the parts that have been reconstructed), but it seemed almost impossible to get tourist-free photos of the godesses that adorn the library front.

It seems to be the fashion to get one's photo taken in there.

Only one was "free". But then just take a closer look at the PHOTOGRAPHER who was there to take their photos!!! (Maybe he wasn't taking the photo of any of the two I happened to get into my pics, but what the heck... ;-) .)

Some more detail from the Library front, and off we were our way to the large theatre.

Wow, that place looked impressive, indeed. And while Erkan explained many things about that theatre, and amphitheatres in general, down on the scene, who do you guess did not listen but climbed up the steps to find a good point from where to take her photos? You'd NEVER guess. I know. I just know! ;-)
But I tell you what: soon enough, others came climbing up to where I was, too, to get the view!
Our last stop inside Ephesus then was at the remains of the Church of St Mary, where Erkan still had many, many more things to tell and explain to us, but the sun was setting already and true fact was that everyone was ready to call it a day.


