Sonntag, 11. November 2007

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon in Hamburg with Heike and two others, and our main goal was to go to an English theatre play by The Hamburg Players (I think they are called), a group of lay actors who only put English spoken plays onto the stage. As always, it is quite nice to go out with Heike, she is good company, and she always has some interesting people in tow, too, such as the young French assistent teacher who she brought along.

And, as always, I did not travel without my camera backpack, and when at the very station right here in our place Heike alerted me to a nice photo motif, I could surprise her with taking out my camera and take a photo of said motif, indeed, and at once, heehee. She asked, "Do you ... really ... have the camera right there?" and I replied that it was almost part of me.


And since I knew that while we were not going to The English Theatre, but to another, that other would be close enough to where there is The English Theatre, and that there is quite a bit of urban architecture there, which there was, and the light was also still nice enough before the piece started (when we came out it was black night, which it is these days at 6 p.m., hmph... :( )


I really should get myself into Hamburg more often with the camera in tow, to take some architecture photography is nicely refreshing from all the nature and landscape photos I usually take around here (unless I get commissioned to photograph something else). I do like the way I can "play" with lines and pattern and shapes and all! :D
Though, to tell you the truth, I also quite like my cemetery photos, though I must admit the first I ever took, back in March 2006 with the then still new 350D ... and my sister's broken Tamron lens... grrr! - not good! ... are horrible. I postprocessed them a second time from the original files and postprocession was a nightmare! Well, on my first visit to the cemetery in Hamburg-Ohlsdorf, there was A LOT OF snow on the ground, and the day was crisp and bright, so I had a hard time exposing right. The hardest, actually!
Will I ever get my Angel-Calendars done and ordered? In time for Christmas, I mean??? Ts!

Keine Kommentare:

Blog-Archiv