Dienstag, 1. Januar 2008

Jan-Florian Graf von Bothmer's Firework Display (text)

I feel I should say something about the firework show that gave me the photos for my New Year's greeting e-cards (as are shown in my post from yesterday, last day of 2007). There is that von Bothmer family living in my place and one of their sons has become a pyro technician. While his parents still live right here, he spends most of his life elsewhere, but every year in December (always on 28 and 29 December) regales the village with a firework show of his newest creations. This show is beginning to become an event known all over the place, with people coming from far away. Which means that on Friday, 28 December, and even more so on Saturday, 29 December, our little village was veritably PACKED with cars, and not only the village, but also the road leading up to it and little walkways into the fields around here ... quite a "wow!"-experience for a place this small.

But it was ever soooo worth the while. Both shows were just SPECTACULAR! On Friday, I had chosen for myself a viewpoint which was a bit far away. I thought I might otherwise not be able to capture the large, round, bouquet-like "images", but true fact was that I was a bit too far away, being such a long distance from the venue only helped me get the final blast into one frame, which was HUGE, all the others are a bit small and I had to crop my photos QUITE a bit. Plus I had accidentally set the camera to 1600 ISO, which did NOT help get any really GOOD pictures.

I knew better on Saturday, and together with my son, who shared my exploring mind (as to finding a good place for me to set up the tripod and camera), we found access to the field on which the display was set up, and ruined our shoes (just a little!) in our endevour to reach the far end of this field - where, however, we were just the two of us, and where we did not feel ANY of the crowds that had gathered at the front of the show (where people were supposed to be watching, actually, a-hem!) I did not mind my shoes getting muddy, I only just enjoyed the solitude and singular experience my son and I had upon watching - and photographing! - this marvellous show!

In my next post(s) I will share some of my photos taken during the show.

Keine Kommentare:

Blog-Archiv