Dienstag, 1. Januar 2008

Welcome Year 2008!

Meanwhile the year 2008 is 12 hours and 7 minutes old, and to tell you the truth: it does not look much different from what 2007 used to look like. Still the same old clutter on my desk, the same old housework left undone (else I would not be able to be here and type this :P), and still the same old grey and snowless winter weather. It was frosty cold last night, so when I had to take my son to his friend's house, I had to drive carefully as the roads were not safe at all, but that is all of a winter we have so far had. Snow? Foreign word to us!

New Year's resolutions?
None. Better not. I would not be able to keep any of them, anyway. So I save myself the frustrations of breaking the resolutions on Day 2 and simply don't start out with any. Simple as that.
To illustrate this post, I have chosen two very shakey photos taken tonight shortly after midnight, when many people here in our place celebrated the arrival of the New Year with privately purchased fireworks - and I took these 15 second exposures while resting the camera against the window-frame only, not bothering with the tripod and all that, which accounts for the camera shake, of course! Forgive me ;).

Keine Kommentare:

Blog-Archiv