But then he starts to imagine what their lives will be like once she brings home all that GOLD. "Gold! Gold! I'll go buy myself a mansion house from all that gold. What's a mansion house? A palace I will get myself, this big!!!"
But then again, and with no eye for his step daughter, he starts getting all sad again, crying "Oh, but if only she came back home at last!!!"
"Daddy! Daddy! It all went wrong!" she wails...
WAIL!!!
So the sister dares to ask "But haven't you helped Frau Holde? And haven't you shaken that apple tree? And given sweets to the kids? And helped the French baker make his bread? Have you helped Frau Holde shake out her duvets, so that snow falls in the world?"
"Apple-tree, apple-tree! Pfff! An apple could have fallen on to my head! And there weren't half enough sweets for me to share!"
"And that baker ... he was so ugly, and so hairy ... ugh ... I was just so af-af-afraaaiiiid!"
"So", says Frau Holde in the end, "everyone gets the reward they deserve!"
BIG APPLAUSE!








