Mittwoch, 3. Dezember 2008

Turkey (2)

Our first trip from the hotel to the touristic "hotspots" of Istanbul, in the old town centre of what today is called Eminönü, took us to the Hippodrome, were Erkan told us much while we listened (or did not listen, a-hem) close to the German Fountain. For some odd reasons, none of which I still know today, I did not take any wide angle photos of neither that square (I believe it is called Sultan-Ahmed-Square), nor of the entire fountain, nor of the entire array of obelisks...
... so here is only just the ONE detail of the fountain of which I took a photo, and only this one. Not even a second one.

In a similar manner, I also took photos of details from the obelisk, but never even tried to capture the whole thing, or the entire context in which it can be found...

The next photo was a spontaneous one of the trees changing the colour of their leaves for the "October Colours"-thread on THBB (Torey-Hayden-Bulletin-Board), so my main "subject" were the trees, really, and the minarette on the side was only to show that I captured THOSE particular October-colours in Istanbul, and not anywhere near here.

When we had had our look round Hippodrome, and had heard all the explanations Erkan gave us (memorising only little, I must admit), we came to the first highlight, a visit to Sultan-Ahmed-Mosque, also known as the Blue Mosque. And guess what: I got out the good ol' kit lens (which offers me a bit of a wide angle) to try and capture this, while we were standing at the entrance, listening (or rather not listening, in my case, a-hem) to Erkan's explanations on this mosque and the Istanbul mosques in general.
The distortion is horrible, but that's what I could do from the point of view I was having. Hmmm...




Blog-Archiv