
And once in the acropolis (the Upper Town), we got that nice view DOWN onto the theatre. And soon enough, after we had walked to places whose photos now are in Installment 20 (I'm only just realising that I did not number them right, not chronologically, oh oops!), such as the Palace I, II or III and the views down towards the remains of the aquaduct, we finally arrived at the best known part of Pergamon, the part reconstruction of the Temple of Traian.

It looked quite impressive, indeed, and the sky was so blue and the sun so bright, I finally decided it was time for me to get out the polariser ... Erkan was done explaining, anyway and we were given another 20 minutes or so on our own, so I was free to photograph to my heart's desire :D.

Must have been impressively large in the times when it was still all there and sitting up there on the top of the hill, overlooking the entire countryside around it.

Through the lower town we then walked back to the parking area where our bus was waiting for us, as Pergamon was NOT going to be the ONLY site we were going to see on that day! We went from highlight to highlight!!!


It looked quite impressive, indeed, and the sky was so blue and the sun so bright, I finally decided it was time for me to get out the polariser ... Erkan was done explaining, anyway and we were given another 20 minutes or so on our own, so I was free to photograph to my heart's desire :D.

Must have been impressively large in the times when it was still all there and sitting up there on the top of the hill, overlooking the entire countryside around it.

Through the lower town we then walked back to the parking area where our bus was waiting for us, as Pergamon was NOT going to be the ONLY site we were going to see on that day! We went from highlight to highlight!!!

